Summer hunting fortress of a distant prideful lord.
- Iron-barred gates, deep claw gouges in the wood
- Rear wall was partially collapsed by a rock slide
- Pristine trophies decorate the inner chambers
- Hunting tapestries depict all manner of beasts
Spruce-pole longhouse near a mountain stream.
- Frozen sluice box glimmers with bits of gold dust
- Scattered remains of prospectors long decayed
- Buried stashes, a dwarf might smell out the gold
- Gold is haunted, unless burial rites are performed
Biting winds howl through the broken battlements.
- Diabolist dwells here to study the ancient portal
- Eternal fires burn in volcanic hearths on each floor
- Bound blue imp deters visitors, loathes
- Dozens of journals describe the Stygian realm
Obsidian slabs stark against a snowy embankment.
- Ancient hell portal rimed with icy Stygian runes
- Frigid wind carries whispers from the fifth hell
- Hoarfrost blights the hillock around the stones
- Remnants of a recent blood ritual on an icy table
Dangers along the trail:
Yeti Stalker – lurking in the snow, looking to prey on the weak
Woolly Rhinoceros – digging for roughage below the snow
Icy Demon – trap those in cold, promise safety for a pittance
Blizzard – frozen sleet and hail batter those without shelter
Avalanche – pummel and suffocate everything in the path
Adventure Prep PDF: The Arctic Trail
Map made with: Hex Kit